Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend..

Great weekend. Bonnie and I started off the weekend on Friday by driving to Chattanooga. Halfway between Nashville and Chattanooga, we stopped at this small winery in Manchester TN.
We found a great seafood place in downtown Chattanooga to eat at Friday night. On Saturday, one of the artists' I manage, Nate Huss played JFest with his band. There was around 3000 people there when he played at 1145 which was pretty incredible. After Jfest, we made our way down to Atlanta to spend time with my mom and dad, and to pick up our dog Buddy who my parents have been dog sitting for 3 weeks.

We made it home tonight in time to drop Buddy off, then head to church. This is going to be a very convicting series. It's called Sync. It's basically about how many of us are stale in our spiritual walks, and not really making an intention to be about Christ in all we do, 100 %. I love Pete's honesty in way he openly shares where he is in his life and his spiritual walk. Far too often growing up, I had a vision that my pastor or spiritual leaders were always "holy" (almost spiritual supermen) and never admitted their spiritual struggles. It was refreshing to hear Pete talk about where he is Spiritually right now. I'm sure he'll get some "heat" and flack from some of the church body for it. Maybe that's the way those people outwardly express the conviction they're feeling.

Looking forward to what's ahead!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking me to Chattanooga! and for taking me to church too...I'm also interested to see what will come of Pete's series. What a timely message for us as we seem to have lots of distractions these days.

The Hackney's said...

Derek- this is Jennifer and Blake's friend, Annissa. The next time you are in Chattanooga, you have a room at our house if you need it. Congratulations on your recent wedding. You two seem so happy! God bless and best wishes!