Friday, June 6, 2008

I really love what I do..


It's really a blessing when you can take a step back and look at what you do for a living, and be thankful for it. Far too often growing up, I had friends or family members who didn't really like what they did for work, but did it for the money, or because it was the only thing they knew how to do.
Ever since I was young, I always dreamed of working in music, but thought it would never happen. Now here I am in my 16th year of working in music in some sort or another. I don't take it for granted. I know there are many who may be smarter and could do a better job, but for some reason God has allowed me to do what I'm passionate about.
All that brings me to tonight. One of the artists' that I manage, guest sang the National Anthem tonight at the Nashville Sounds baseball game. If you've known me for any length of time, you know that two of my biggest passions are music and baseball. Before they sang the Anthem, we got to be on the field for 10 min. That's a pretty amazing feeling. I think the high point for me was taking Bonnie on the field with me. This was a special occasion for me, but getting to have my wife with me made it all the more special. Having Bonnie around to go to events like tonight, and concerts that I get to attend has been amazing for me, because I get to watch her light up, and even get a little giddy at times. If I ever forget just how amazing it is to do what I do, and ever take it for granted, all I have to do is look at her live the experiences through her again for the first time. This weekend, Bonnie and I get to fly to Portland Oregon to meet with a young 13 year old pop singer, and to meet with her family. Wow.

To sum it up, life is too short not to do something you love. I always heard, "find something you love doing, then find a way to get paid." God gave you/me desires and passions, and made us good at certain things. Figure out what those are and dive in with all you have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on starting the blog. I also want to congratulate you on getting married and having a wife who reads your blog. It must be nice.