Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Presidential Race


As I sit and watch the tail end of the election results, Obama is winning 207-138. For most of the day I've been almost in a state of depression about the election.
Tonight, as I took time away from watching the results and took a shower, I began to pray about it. The Lord really spoke to me during this time. He reminded me of a sermon I heard from Pastor Johnny Hunt at First Baptist Woodstock where I attended for many years. Johnny preached that we are instructed from the Bible to pray for our President and leaders of the country.

1 Timothy 2 :1-3 "The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live"

As much as it's in my flesh now to complain, and mope, I know I need to be obedient and pray for Obama as he takes on the leadership of this great nation of ours. It's been "easy" over these past 8 years as President Bush has been in office, a President that has been outspoken about his faith in Christ. Now, as Obama takes office we will begin to learn more about him and his spiritual walk. As Christians, it's our duty to pray for him daily.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

DeWayne Hamby said...

Good thoughts. We definitely need to cover him and his family in prayer.

The Hackney's said...

You are so true! God is in control and we need to remember that. We prayed for President Bush and we must continue and even pray harder for Barack Obama. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.